The Military Social Services
Affiliates to: The Presidency of Sultan of Oman’s Armed Forces
Joining Date: 04/08/1993
- Address: Masqat P.O. Bpx 113 – Presidency of Sultan of Oman’s Armed Forces
- Telephone Number: 0096824335200 & 0096824336644
- Fax Number: 0096824332412
- E-Mail Address: email@example.com
- Current President: Brigadier-General- Eng / Abdullah bin Nasser bin Hamad Al Salemi
- Date of Appointment: 17 / 9 / 2017
The Tasks and Functions of the Directorate of Social Services
- The Sultan’s Armed Forces have achieved, during the past era of renissance under the patronage of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said El Moazzam, Supreme Commander of Armed Forces, a lot of military and cultural achievements in its massive and eternal construction in which they have proved their global capacity and efficiency in building their edifices. The delightful development did not only result in accomplishments that promoted the military efficiency, but also it resulted in more achievements in providing social services to individuals which has more important and greater impact in motivating them, because it provides them with confidence to achieve the desired objectives, where the military directorate of social and military services are working on providing various types of services and welfare to all members of the Sultan’s Armed Forces, Ministry of Defense, and Royal Omani Guards, since it serves as a link between the Ministry of Defense and both governmental and private parties on one hand and between the members of Armed Forces and their families, either in or out of the service; in addition, there is special care for the Omani martyrs’ families, the deceased, the special needs people, and the retirees.
- Due to the urgent and necessary need, whether in peace or war, for the existence of comprehensive social welfare for the affiliates of the military entities as well as the circumstances and conditions of the country, its implications for the privacy of which the military personnel in known for unlike the other country personnel, and the nature of work of the military personnel to provide security and protection for the country and its people, the so-called social military services was established in 1972 and an officer was appointed to be responsible for it; he was known as “Charity Officer” and his mission was to search and investigate the conditions of the individuals and identify the problems of those who avoid military service and find solutions to them. Because of the political stability and security of our country, the social services have started to expand resulting in the increase of offices and personnel.
- At the beginning of 1973, some charity work was assigned to the military social services and in the same year the housing loans office for the Sultan’s Armed Forces was established. In 1974, the military social services offices started to expand in the provision of social services. Accordingly, the number of staff has increased and another task related to family affairs was assigned. One year later, the section of the lands and social housing has been developed. In the same year, the name was changed from “Charity Office” to be “Joint Military Social Services for the Sultan’s Armed Forces”, and then successive expansions have taken place annually.
- At the beginning of 1985, the Military Social Services have been moved with all its sections to its new building, which was built specifically at the High Camp and it began to expand its services again and develop to add to its new premises, 13 more offices in various areas of the Sultanate dedicated to serve members of the Armed Forces and the Ministry of Defense, and Omani Royal Guards. At the end of 1986, the name has been changed from “Military Social Services” to be “Social Services Office”. The directorate appeared in its current name in 1988.
The Former and Current Heads
The Duration of Occupying the Post
|Colonel/Khamis Bin Hamd El Amery||1/7/1993||30/12/1999|
|Brigadier-General /Said Bin Gomaa El Hady||7/4/1994||30/5/1995|
|Brigadier-General /Mohamed Bin Saied Bin Mohamed El Oufy||1/6/1995||30/6/2004|
|Colonel/Salem Bin Abdullah Bin Salem El Ameiry||1/7/2004||17/9/2004|
|Brigadier-General/Ali Bin Hamoud Bin Ali El Shamly||18/9/2004||19/9/2006|
|Colonel/Yaaqoub Bin Abdullah Bin Naser El Afify||20/9/2006||30/2/2007|
|Brigadier-General/Naser Bin Salem El Tamtamy||1/3/2007||22/7/2010|
|Brigadier-General/Mahmoud Bin Hareth Bin Naser El Nabhany||23/7/2010||25/1/2014|
|Brigadier-General/Saleh Bin Soliman Bin Rashed El Shoriqy||26/1/2014||16/9/2017|